Rain or shine, May 31-November 1, 9am-1pm
5050 Liberty Avenue, 15224 (between S. Winebiddle and Gross Streets)
Located in the heart of Bloomfield in Pittsburgh, PA, the Bloomfield Saturday Market is two parts farmer's market, one part weekly festival. With an emphasis on locally grown, produced, and created items, you'll find produce, cheese, meat, oils, hummus, dog treats, prepared hot and cold foods like wood-fired pizza, tea pops, coffee, and so much more!
Enjoy performances by local musicians, dancers, and even students while you shop the local produce and products offered by our vendors. Jump in and try out yoga, bellydance, golf, or soccer--your body and mind will thank you.We'll feature healthy cooking demonstrations, children's activities, safety activities like child safety seat installation help and free smoke detectors, healthy living information and health screenings.
See the list of 2014 vendors
Schedule of 2014 Events (updated often):
Allegheny Health Network will give away 4 Science Center passes at each Market through September!
September 20: Supporting Communities: Braddock Day!
- BRADDOCK COMMUNITY DAY: Nadine of Pittsburgh Mommy Blog will be hosting a Free Store to collect gently used children's clothing, toys, and baby gear in support of the the Braddock community. Joining Nadine will be Kevin Sousa of Superior Motors, The Braddock Youth Project, Cindy McCune - Braddock's Master Crafter, Red Lantern Bike Shop, Ink Division, US Steelworkers, and Gisele Fetterman of Free Store 15104.
- HARVEST FOR THE HUNGRY EVENT: Support your local farmers and give back to the community by purchasing an extra bag of produce and donating it to the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
- MUSIC: Braddock musical act, Roberia, will be entertaining the market.
- COOKING DEMO: Kevin Sousa of Braddock restaurant, Superior Motors, will perform a live cooking demonstration at the market.
- MUSIC: With a voice reminiscent of Jimmy Buffet, Bobby V plays guitar and harmonica, and takes requests from the audience! 10:30-12:30pm.
October 4: Renovation Fair
- HOME RENOVATION FAIR: Check out some Pittsburgh organizations that will show you how they can help with your home renovations.
October 11: Italian Day
- MUSIC: Ferdinand the Bull are back to liven up the market with their string based folk-rock sound.
- COOKING DEMO: Maria Merante of Bloomfield business, Merante's Gifts, will teach you how to make homemade pasta and soup. 11am and again at 12pm.
October 18: Friendship Community Day
- KIDS: Bring your little ones to the market for some balloon animal fun!
October 25: Pet Day
- PET DAY: Come check out some animal-friendly businesses and organizations.
November 1: Harvest Festival
- HARVEST FESTIVAL: Join us in celebrating the bounty of the season as well as our last market! Harvest festival fun will include a hay maze, free mini pumpkins for kids, cookie decorating, crafters with holiday items, a basket weaving demonstration, and a visit from Pittsburgh Firefighters bagpipe band to close out the market season.
Every week we'll hold a raffle to benefit the River City Brass Band Concert and other musical entertainment. Tickets: $2
4 Carnegie Science Center Passes
2 River City Brass Passes ($100 value)
$25 Alexander's gift certificate
$20 Kathmandu gift certificate