Rain or shine, May 31-November 1, 9am-1pm
5050 Liberty Avenue, 15224 (between S. Winebiddle and Gross Streets)
Located in the heart of Bloomfield in Pittsburgh, PA, the Bloomfield Saturday Market is two parts farmer's market, one part weekly festival. With an emphasis on locally grown, produced, and created items, you'll find produce, cheese, meat, oils, hummus, dog treats, prepared hot and cold foods like wood-fired pizza, tea pops, coffee, and so much more!
Enjoy performances by local musicians, dancers, and even students while you shop the local produce and products offered by our vendors. Jump in and try out yoga, bellydance, golf, or soccer--your body and mind will thank you.We'll feature healthy cooking demonstrations, children's activities, safety activities like child safety seat installation help and free smoke detectors, healthy living information and health screenings.
Schedule of 2014 Events (updated often!):
Allegheny Health Network will give away 4 Pirates Tickets at each Market through September!
July 26: Bike To Market Day
- BIKE TO MARKET DAY: Bike to the market and park in BikePGH's mobile bike storage, grab a bike map, take advantage of Love Bikes' Mobile Bike Repair Station to get a tune up, and find out more information on local indoor BMX park, The Wheel Mill. More activities will be announced!
- MUSIC:Bobby V: With a voice reminiscent of Jimmy Buffet, Bobby V plays guitar and harmonica, and takes requests from the audience! 10:30am-12:30pm
COOKING DEMO: Sausalido:
This Bloomfield bistro will bring a live cooking demonstration.
- HEALTH & WELLNESS: Allegheny Health Network's Stroke Center will offer risk of stroke screens to any interested party.
- MUSIC: Ferdinand the Bull are back to liven up the market with their string based folk-rock sound.
- COOKING DEMO: Chef Shaun shows off his skills as a private chef and cooks a delicious and healthy recipe.
- Project for Public Spaces workshop: Community members invited to help to give critical assessment of the market in this 2-hour workshop.
August 23: Special Concert
- MUSIC: River City Brass Band will perform a very special and very FREE concert at the market, open to all! They will also be handing out Brass Passes, which are free passes to any River City Brass Band concert during the season. We'll have a 50/50 raffle to support the market (the address of which is 5050 Liberty Avenue!), and will raffle off gift cards from area businesses.
August 30: Soccer Day
- FITNESS: Pittsburgh Riverhounds and Soccer Shots will engage participants with soccer fundamentals and teach about the importance of physical activity.
- MUSIC: With a voice reminiscent of Jimmy Buffet, Bobby V plays guitar and harmonica, and takes requests from the audience! 10:30am-12:30pm