Rain or shine, May 31-November 1, 9am-1pm
5050 Liberty Avenue, 15224 (between S. Winebiddle and Gross Streets)
Located in the heart of Bloomfield in Pittsburgh, PA, the Bloomfield Saturday Market is two parts farmer's market, one part weekly festival. With an emphasis on locally grown, produced, and created items, you'll find produce, cheese, meat, oils, hummus, dog treats, prepared hot and cold foods like wood-fired pizza, tea pops, coffee, and so much more!
Enjoy performances by local musicians, dancers, and even students while you shop the local produce and products offered by our vendors. Jump in and try out yoga, bellydance, golf, or soccer--your body and mind will thank you.We'll feature healthy cooking demonstrations, children's activities, safety activities like child safety seat installation help and free smoke detectors, healthy living information and health screenings.
See the list of 2014 vendors
Schedule of 2014 Events (updated often):
Allegheny Health Network will give away 4 Pirates Tickets at each Market through September!
- MUSIC: Local musician, BeLove, will entertain the market with her soulful tunes.
HEALTH & WELLNESS: Shavina Duggal, D.O., Breast Surgical Oncology, will be available to answer questions about male and female breast health and offer breast cancer prevention strategies. West Penn Hospital Diagnostic Imaging Center staff will offer instruction on self-breast exams at the Family Support tent.
- MUSIC: Ferdinand the Bull are back to liven up the market with their string based folk-rock sound.
- COOKING DEMO: Chef Shaun shows off his skills as a private chef and cooks a delicious and healthy recipe.
- JEREMIAH'S PLACE HEALTHY SNACK DRIVE: Jeremiah's Place is Pittsburgh's only overnight relief nursery where parents in need of a babysitter can leave their children, no questions asked. In partnership with Pittsburgh Mommy Blog, donations may include healthy, non-perishable, no-nut items.
- KIDS: Kids are welcome to join the princess and superheroes from Volunteer Princesses as they visit the market to hang out and make a craft. Face painting will also be available.
- HEALTH & WELLNESS: Gynecologic Oncology staff will be on hand to answer questions and share information about the upcoming National Ovarian Cancer Coalition Walk to Break the Silence scheduled to take place on September 14 at North Park Boathouse. Don't Write My Obituary Yet by Susan Evans and co-authored by AHN's own Dr. Thomas Krivak will be available for purchase.
- Project for Public Spaces workshop: Community members invited to help to give critical assessment of the market in this 2-hour workshop.
- HEALTH & WELLNESS: West Penn Hospital In-Patient Rehabilitation Services therapy staff will offer free risk of fall screens and answer general rehabilitation questions.
August 23: Special Concert
- MUSIC: River City Brass Band will perform a very special and very FREE concert at the market, open to all! They will also be handing out Brass Passes, which are free passes to any River City Brass Band concert during the season. We'll have a 50/50 raffle to support the market (the address of which is 5050 Liberty Avenue!), and will raffle off gift cards from area businesses.
- COOKING DEMO: Jamie Moore, Director of Sourcing and Sustainability for Eat 'N Park will be providing a cooking demonstration for healthy eating and colorectal cancer prevention.
- FITNESS: Kids can practice kicking goals with Soccer Shots.
- MUSIC: With a voice reminiscent of Jimmy Buffet, Bobby V plays guitar and harmonica, and takes requests from the audience! 10:30am-12:30pm
Every week we'll hold a raffle to benefit the River City Brass Band Concert and other musical entertainment. Tickets: $2
Arbonne gift basket: $110 value
2 River City Brass Band Concert tickets: $100 value
$25 Bloomfield Hallmark Gift Certificate